When going abroad, you must register before starting work if registration is in operation in your host country. Other countries will be governed by different rules and it is your responsibility to learn and abide by these rules.
Before leaving to take up any position, ensure your CSP membership category includes professional liability insurance, or arrange local cover if PLI is not valid in your host country.
Above all else, make sure you research your country thoroughly before setting off.
Other things to think about:
- developing your cultural competence
- making the right choices when donating books and equipment
- considering what resources you need
- if you want to discuss issues around work and service use the WCPT website discussion forums
- see a list of WCPT member organisations
- see the website for the European Region of the WCPT