Skills for Health has developed competence frameworks for many areas of healthcare practice. These tend to be around specific patient groups (eg children, older people) or care pathways (eg diabetes, long term conditions, chronic heart disease).
See the full range of competence frameworks projects that have been developed to date on their website: www.skillsforhealth.org.uk.
Career framework for AHPs
Skills for Health has also produced a competence-based career framework for AHPs that aims to provide a resource for AHPs to support:
- role and service development
- career development
- education planning, commissioning and delivery
See more on the AHP career framework:
- Skills for Health website
- CSP publication Modernising Allied Health Professions (AHP) careers: A competence-based career framework
Competence & capability resource pack
And for more on the CSP's approach to competence, see our Competence & Capability resource pack which:
- explores the terms competence and capability
- examines why the development and maintenance of competence is important
- identifies systems and structures that underpin this process
- provides advice and good practice where capability concerns may arise