Thanks everyone for sharing your Older People's Day photos with us - see individual collections below.
Individual OPD photo collections
The CSP has developed a series of resources to help members promote the role of physio in keeping older people fit and healthy:
- The Get Up and Go guide produced by Saga, in association with the CSP and Public Health England (PHE) and with substantial input from AGILE members, gives advice on how older people can prevent falls and stay steady
- A new Get Up and Go exercise supplement featuring six exercises for staying steady
- The Your Generation leaflet, which provides tips on falls prevention
- The Timed Up and Go video which helps the public calculate a person’s risk of falling is available at www.csp.org.uk/timedupandgo. Produced with input from AGILE members, this includes an interview with chartered physiotherapist Louise McGregor
Promote your event
Members are being asked to promote their activities via Twitter using the #olderpeoplesday and #physioworks hashtags.
CSP contact details
Members can contact their Regional Campaigns and Engagement Officers for advice on organising the events:
- Contact Catherine Chappell via phone 020 7314 7863, email: email@example.com or Twitter: @CChappellCSP
- Contact Mindy Daubeny via phone 020 7306 6163, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @CSPMindy
For more information about OPD contact the CSP Enquiries Team on 020 7306 6666 or email email@example.com.
After your event
We want to see your photos! Please send them to us via an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (jpeg files only - 5MB file size max per individual email).
Please also let us know who is featured in your photographs, include a short description of what the photo shows and confirm consent has been given by all relevant parties. Finally, let us know if we need to credit a photographer.
See more advice and information on how to increase your health and fitness to help prevent a fall on the Saga website: www.saga.co.uk/falls