You first need to create a website account, If you don’t yet have one. You can become a full member, a student member or an associate member. To find out more about the different options visit the Membership area of the site.
Once you are ready follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the site, using the ‘login’ link in the top banner above the search box.
- From your account page, click the ‘Apply now!’ link (under ‘Join CSP today!).
- Click the ‘start’ button to check first if you are eligible to join.
- For each question, click the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ button. You can use the ‘back’ button to go back and answer again or the ‘cancel’ button to end the process.
- Once you have answered all the questions, you’ll be told whether you qualify to join, and for what kind of membership.
- If you are eligible, click the ‘start’ button.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions of CSP membership before commencing your application.
- You then need to work through the form, supplying all of the details that CSP require to process an application for the type of membership you require. You’ll be guided if you leave out any required fields.
- At any point in the application process, you can click the ‘save and continue later’ button to save the data that you have entered so far.
- For some fields, when you start typing a set of options will appear in a drop down menu for you to choose from.
- After completing your application, please read the ‘data protection’ section and make the choices requested.
- You then choose how you want to pay.
- If paying by cheque you will need to send a cheque by post. If paying by direct debit you can either provide your bank details to CSP online or download a mandate form to complete and return by post
- Finally, click the ‘submit application’ button which will send all your details to CSP.
Returning your application
After you click 'submit' you can download a copy of the completed application. Some applicants will need to sign and return this. Use the checklist below to see if this applies to you:
- You answered ‘yes’ to any of the personal declaration questions;
- You are a returning member who has changed their name;
- You are a new applicant and have changed your name since qualifying;
- You are paying by cheque or sending in a paper direct debit mandate.
If the above do not apply to you then the application is simply for your records. Once your application has been approved you’ll be notified by CSP.