The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy


View your shopping cart.

What qualifications are needed in order to apply?


Please note that entry requirements will vary from university to university so make sure you check directly with individual universities before applying.

England, Wales and NI

School leavers are normally required to have three A2 level subjects at a minimum of Grade C (one should be biological science) and four A1 levels at Grade B including a biological science. Students should also hold a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C and above taken at one sitting and include maths, English language and sciences.


A typical student profile is five SCE Highers at grades AABBB taken at one sitting (minimum of two sciences).


School leavers should have an Irish Leaving Certificate with a minimum of four passes in subjects at higher level - two at B grade and two at C grade.

See our qualifying programmes page for details of all UK university physiotherapy programmes.

Back to top