What is professionalism?
'Professionalism' describes the qualities, skills, competence and behaviours you are expected to bring to physiotherapy.
Within healthcare, professionalism includes:
- working to defined standards and principles
- demonstrating clinical reasoning and decision-making with an evidence base
- managing sensitive information
- considering complex ethical and moral matters
As a CSP member you demonstrate your professionalism by:
- working within the defined regulatory framework of personal and professional standards
- adhering to a moral, ethical and professional code of practice
- demonstrating autonomous practice within the scope of the profession
- maintaining an awareness of individual limitations to scope of practice
- maintaining and developing professional expertise
- delivering a safe and effective service that is caring and compassionate