The information that we collect
When you register to use the website we need to know your name and e-mail address and certain other personal details. If you are a CSP member we also ask you, periodically, to check and update your member record via the website. This includes your contact and employment details and your professional profile.
How we may use such information
We use the information that we collect to:
- personalise your use of the website – including enabling access to restricted content as appropriate, such as CSP member-only content, iCSP networks and professional network websites;
- contact you and provide CSP services and support – both via the website and other channels within CSP;
- maintain a detailed profile of the profession at large – including clinical and professional interests, an employment profile a geographical breakdown;
- create your website profile – this displays to other CSP members on the site and includes your first and last name, your type of employer and role (but not employer name),the iCSP networks (but not private networks) and the region you are subscribed to;
- keep the website secure – we use some of your personal details to validate who you are so that we can keep the website, including your personal details, secure;
- provide interactive services, including email - some of these services are activated by default while for others you may be invited to receive future e-mail communications and for these we will give you the option of opting out of receiving these e-mails when the invitation is first made. For all email based services you will be able to opt out of receiving them;
- reset your password if you forget what it was;
- record whether you open or click through from certain emails - to build up a picture of your interests.
- Provide professional network website services – this may include, with your explicit permission, sharing your contact details with professional networks that you have joined, to enable them to provide their services to you.
Please be aware that we may need to disclose content provided by users to the police or other enforcement or regulatory agencies in order to assist with their investigations and that we will be required to disclose your details to third parties where we are required to do so by court order or by law.
We will not use your details for any other purpose.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal information which you provide is used only for the purposes set out in this policy. However, the internet is not a completely secure network and we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by other parties.
Our website uses "cookies" (small pieces of information stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser) which enable us to personalise your use of the website (for example by automatically filling in your password). Most browsers allow users to turn off the cookie function - this will not prevent you from using most features of our website.
The cookie contains simple information about your identity but no personal information.
See our cookies page for more details.
Monitoring pages visited
We monitor visits to our website to administer the website and to track and analyse general trends in user movements. we use this aggregate information to help us to develop our website and our services.
Our records in this regard do not contain any personal information about users.
Notification of changes
Updating your details
You are responsible for managing your personal information on the website and we expect you to keep it up-to-date. This is done in the ‘Account’ area of the website. Periodically we will ask CSP members to check their member details for any changes and to confirm that the details are up-to-date. Ffor example you move house, change your name or change your e-mail address or your job role. This enables us to maintain accurate records and so provide effective, relevant services and support and to meet our legal, data management obligations as a Professional Body and Trades Union.
How to contact us
You have a right of access to personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of such information, please contact us. We are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for this service.
Freedom of Information
We are not currently legally required to comply with the Freedom of Information Act and guidance and codes of practice issued under it ("FOIA legislation"). This means that we are not required to consider requests for information which we might or might not hold, whether such requests relate to content posted on the website or not. However, users need to be aware that if their content is downloaded or stored locally by other users who are subject to the FOIA legislation, their content may be considered for disclosure.